NoPeanutsPlease is an independent blog.

All views, opinions and conclusions are solely those of the author and do not imply endorsement or recommendation by any other party.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Pat-A-Cake, Pat-A-Cake

As a peanut parent I have to deal with severe peanut and egg allergy in the household, as well as anaphylaxis. As a fairly creative person I also have to deal with random thoughts. When the two team up it makes for some weird combinations. Tonight I was playing Pat-A-Cake with my daughter and had the weird thought that she might actually be allergic to Pat-A-Cakes. Turns out that I was right ... there are eggs in the recipe. I guess we have to play the egg free version of the game!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your sense of humor! We had to put Eric Carle's "Very Hungry Caterpillar" on hold there for a while last year--trying to explain around our son's egg, peanut, corn and garlic allergies didn't do much for the flow of the story! Our all-time favorite was the three months last summer when he thought he couldn't eat bugs because they had corn in them...