NoPeanutsPlease is an independent blog.

All views, opinions and conclusions are solely those of the author and do not imply endorsement or recommendation by any other party.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there who frequent NoPeanutsPlease.

Not even Mother's Day went by without an allergy incident in this house. I made dinner tonight. I had a beautiful Chianti that I wanted to pair with a nice pasta dish. By now we are programmed to research before feeding anything to our daughter, especially when nuts or legumes are involved.

I love pesto. I was thinking that a pesto pasta would be nice and though we believe that our daughter is okay with pine nut I double-checked online to make sure that there was no specific issue. This is what I found:

"Peanuts are sometimes used as a substitute for pine nuts in food products such as pesto, so people who are allergic to peanuts should be very careful about eating foods traditionally made with pine nuts."

Oops. I opted for a creamy herb sauce with chicken and roasted peppers.

No comments: