NoPeanutsPlease is an independent blog.

All views, opinions and conclusions are solely those of the author and do not imply endorsement or recommendation by any other party.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Headline News

Here are the peanut news headlines on NoPeanutsPlease.com today. It seems that everywhere I turn, whether online or in the Saturday Vancouver Sun I am reading about the Australian study on peanut allergy testing.

I understand that this is really big news and will lead to significant relief for many parents. But in addition to the concerns I noted earlier this week, I am worried that the non-allergic public will use these findings as the basis for claims that parents are overreacting and their child is probably not even allergic.

My research shows that this is not a particularly new finding and that instead we have a case of the media taking a story and running with it. I understand that this happens in reverse as well when a child dies from anaphylaxis but I continue to have concerns about how this story has been broadcast.

No comments: