NoPeanutsPlease is an independent blog.

All views, opinions and conclusions are solely those of the author and do not imply endorsement or recommendation by any other party.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

It Takes A Village - Online Menus

This is cool. A restaurant chain called Damon's Grill has put its entire menu online in a manner that lets you identify possible allergens. Though they have the standard caveats noted about risks and the fact that you need to be careful relying on the data, the interactive menu shows you the possible allergens in the food.

This would be a good tool for anybody dealing with anaphylaxis to food allergens. It would be perfect for identifying unexpected danger foods for my daughter's allergy to peanut and egg.

Here is a sample menu for my daughter and I ... hmm, I am not sure how the list auto-sorted but it might not be a bad idea to start with the sweet apple cobbler ... ahh, but wait ... my daughter can't eat the eggs! I guess that leaves more for me =)

Item Allergens
Sweet Apple Cobbler Egg, Milk, Soy, Tree Nuts, Wheat
House Caesar Salad Egg, Milk, Soy, Wheat
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Egg, Milk, Soy, Wheat
Kids Ice Cream Sundae Milk, Soy
Kids Mac and Cheese Egg, Milk, Soy, Wheat
Lemonade None
Ketchup (Serving Size: 1.50 fl oz) None

No comments: