NoPeanutsPlease is an independent blog.

All views, opinions and conclusions are solely those of the author and do not imply endorsement or recommendation by any other party.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

So Long Peanuts!

Before our daughter's anaphylaxis to peanut became apparent I was a huge peanut eater. I had just cracked a brand new jar of organic peanut butter and as always had a reserve jar of Adams downstairs. My brother was the beneficiary of the peanut purge.

In addition to the (delicious) peanut butter, I also threw in that one can of Planters mixed nuts that seems to be in everybody's pantry.

I thought it ironic that the label on the mixed nuts advertises the fact that the mixture is now with "BIGGER Peanuts". Great!

I have tried almond butter and cashew butter since we had a peanut ban in the house. I found cashew butter a little too sweet but almond butter is actually quite nice. Peanut butter is of course the best ... I'll miss it but it's hardly worth the risk to have it in the house.

I am open to any and all suggestions for a peanut butter replacement! =)

4 comments:

The Cookbook Junkie said...

It's usually best to avoid tree nuts along with peanuts due to cross-contamination. My son is not allergic to tree nuts but we avoid them as not to confuse him. It's easier to teach a toddler to avoid all nuts. When he is older, we may introduce Sunbutter.

Anonymous said...

I have not tried it, but i have heard that Sunbutter is good.

NoPeanuts said...

hmm ... maybe I'll try SunButter.

Our daughter knows to say 'yucky' when she sees my jar of almond butter just to be safe =)

Unknown said...

I second the Sunbutter. It's a staple around here for my peanut allergic son. I just made Puppy Chow again today replacing the peanut butter with Sunbutter. You can't tell the difference. That being said, we make sure J knows not to eat anything outside of this house without asking us first. Love your blog!!!

Nicole